All individuals with a designation(s) awarded by REIC must comply with the following requirements in order to maintain their designation(s):
- Maintain a membership with REIC.
- Adhere to the REIC Code of Professional Conduct.
Benefits of a Designated Membership
In addition to the list of membership benefits listed on the benefits page, a Designated Member also receives:
- Voting privileges
- REIC Certificate of Membership
- REIC Code of Professional Standards
- REIC Membership Pin
- Listing on REIC's searchable online directory
- Complimentary webpage link
- Marketing Tooklit
Becoming a Designated Member
Step 1: Apply for a designation with REIC (Candidate Member)
- Complete the designation application and submit it with the application processing fee. Application forms can be downloaded from the designations page of our web site.
- For the FRI and CRES, you must hold a valid real estate license.
- You must be actively involved in the area of real estate your choice of designation relates to at the time of application and have a minimum of 12 months of related work experience.
Your application will be reviewed and if you meet the minimum criteria, it will be processed within one to two weeks. Part of the process includes an interview by a representative of the local Chapter to verify your experience. Once Chapter recommendation is received, you are approved as a Candidate for the designation you have chosen.
Step 2: Meet the education and experience requirements
- To earn your designation, you must complete all the education requirements as outlined in the related application guidelines.
- Some designations also require that you successfully achieve a specified level of experience.
For all designations, you have a maximum of five (5) years to meet the education and experience requirements. The only exception is the FRI and CPM®, for which the maximum candidacy period is ten (10) years. You will be provided with status reports periodically to keep you apprised of your progress. You may request a status report at any time by contacting our Membership & Admissions Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above represents a brief description of the membership process. Visit our Designations page for information on requirements for specific designations. You may also contact us at email@example.com or by phone at 1-800-542-7342.