Education & Training
Too busy to go off-site to take classes? REIC understands your need to balance your job with ongoing professional development.
Home Study offers you an alternative to classroom-based courses. You can take the courses according to your own schedule with the assurance that the quality of the course material will bring measurable results. Click below to register or view a list of frequently asked questions about our Home Study program.
Home Study Frequently Asked Questions
- What is home study all about?
- How do I register for a course?
- Which courses will be available through home study?
- How much time do I have to take the course?
- What materials will I receive?
- Tell me more about the exam. Does someone have to supervise me?
- How long will it take to receive my results?
- Is there a passing grade for the exam?
Home study courses are available to REIC members, CPM candidates and students who may not be able to attend classes or who wish to expand their continuing professional education. You will receive course materials designed to help you work through the subject material and test your skills along the way.
- You can register via the REIC web site.
- You can call the REIC office and obtain a registration form. Phone (416) 695-9000 or 1-800-542-7342.
- You can mail in a registration form to the REIC National Office at Real Estate Institute of Canada 5407 Eglinton Ave., Suite 208 Toronto ON M9C 5K6
IREM RES201: Successful Site Management (5 day fundamental)
IREM HRS402: Human Resources Strategies for Real Estate Managers (2 day intermediate)
IREM MKL405: Marketing and Leasing Multifamily Properties
IREM MKL406: Marketing and Leasing Office Buildings
IREM MNT402: Property Maintenance and Risk Management
Once you have received your confirmation letter from the office, you will have six months from the date stamped on your exam book to complete most course. This way, you can determine your time commitments and be flexible with the other demands on your life. Please note, no extensions will be granted.
For the courses available, students will receive a confirmation letter detailing the home-study procedure, an activity booklet with answers and a copy of the multiple choice exam with scantron answer page to be submitted. The only exception is the IREM RES201: Successful Site Management course which includes practice exam and answers rather than an activity booklet. Once your registration form is processed you will receive your materials by Canada Post.
For most courses the exam is open book, and you take it once you have completed the course material. When the exam is finished, you must send it to REIC National. The ARM certification exam is proctored and is not open book.
As each student will be on an individual timetable for his/her course, REIC National will mark the exams within 60 days of receipt. Students are encouraged to send the materials by courier or registered mail to ensure guaranteed delivery. Final results will be mailed to the students, and no results will be provided verbally.
Course exams are graded on a pass/fail basis.